Saturday, February 3, 2007

You Betcha!

Nick pointed out to me the other day that people in Alberta say "You Bet" and "You Betcha" a whole bunch. I had noticed it myself, but hadn't payed all that much attention to it. But now it's all I freaking hear. Any question can be answered with one of the two. Any query, quandary, wonder, ponder... yeah, they can all be answered with one of those two highly irritating phrases.


"Is it ok if I go on my break?"
"You bet."


"Is that everything for you today?"
"You bet"


"$86.73 on your visa today?"
"You betcha."


"Did you find the size you were looking for?"
"You betcha."


"Do you have a Prestige Card?"
"You bet."


"Did you find all the quasi S&M lingerie you were looking for today?"
"You betcha!"


Am I going to go crazy?
You Bet!


Have I started saying it?

YOU BETCHA!!!

No comments: