Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2006 in Red Deer

The first week out in Red Deer was full to say the least. Upon arrival to the Calgary airport, Nick and I decided that we couldn't possibly face getting us and all our luggage onto the Greyhound so we rented a car for a week. We didn't waste anytime and the day after our arrival we headed to Edmonton and to Ikea. Despite the extreme exhaustion and a moderate freakout by me in housewares (after Nick confessed not only to having destroyed my pink frying pan...yeah like he wasn't trying...but to having used one of my knives as a can opener) it went well. That is until we tried to fit out purchases into the suzuki swift. Slightly less traumatic than trying to fit a sofa into a chevy cobalt. Slightly. I captured the moment on film.



Fortunetly it was only an hour back to Red Deer smushed under the ikea flat boxes. Oh, yeah did I mention it was New Year's Eve? Nothing like assembling to ring the new year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how, as the two of you try to cram your purchases into the smallest car possible, there is a van in the background with the text on the side "Won't fit?" I think they were mocking you.

zandra said...

they most definitely were.