Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A brief tour of Red Deer

Today I ventured out into the wilds of "downtown" Red Deer. I brought along my trusty camera phone, and snapped some shots as I walked along. Here is Red Deer in all it's daytime glory.

The trees and parking meters that line 53rd Street.

The old Red Deer Court House... which now houses businesses, including a psychic studio.


The "City" of Red Deer, "City" Hall. I'm not sure I can accept the whole city thing.


The bus terminal, where I catch the number 1 to get to work.


I found this banner today. It claims that Red Deer was the 'Cultural Capital of Canada' in 2003. I'm not convinced, and slightly confused by this.



I had to stop taking photos at this point, because not only did I feel really strange taking pictures on the street (it's not like Toronto, there aren't any tourists), but my hands were absolutely freezing. However, I am definitely getting used to the cold. It was minus 20 today, and I was surprised to find out it was that cold. Not sure how I feel about that.

No comments: